Sunday, August 31, 2008

~*FULL Weekend Already!*~

Hello My Friends! I do hope you are all enjoying a fun~filled, safe, and glorious holiday weekend! We have been enjoying ourselves. It has been a simple weekend, but that is how we prefer them to be. Yesterday my dear hubby mowed the yard & wouldn't allow me to help. He insisted that I stay in my workroom ~ getting more goodies done for the Open House. Oh what a wonderful hubby he is! Today, for more fun, he took me to an auction. I do just LOVE to visit a good auction!

In my car load of treasures ~ an old oil can (to display on the front porch of the lil'house), two wooden codfish boxes with wonderful olde advertising, a candy box filled with wooden spools of silk thread, a large box of artificial flowers (they will find their place on the front door wreath!), and two pairs of feedsack~like curtains from Pier 1(they will be perfect for one of the rooms in the lil'house). Tony even bought a couple of new, in the box, computer speakers. The cost of our new treasures wasn't much ~ plus we had a good time with each other and my darling mother-in-law, Mary & sister-in-law, Linda.



The codfish boxes have sliding lids. I don't know what I will 'use' them for other than shelf~sitters.... sounds better than dust~collectors. Also inside the candy box of spools.... a skein of DMC. :)





More weekend fun has been that I have received TWO nominations for the 'Primitive Excellence Award'.



Both Sam of Gollywobbles and Sue of Rabbit Hollow Prims have been so thoughtful & kind to send the award to me. Thank you Ladies!

Rules of the award are ~ you tell who the person is you received it from and then pick 7 people to give it to and let them know.

I have so many primitive buddies ~ it will be difficult to narrow it down to seven. But here they are ~

1 ~ Ginger of Primitives by the Light of the Moon

2 ~ Marte of Boggy Creek Primitives

3 ~ Beth of The Twist Family

4 ~ Tanya of At the Honeysuckel Tree

5 ~ Julie of Plumruncreek

6 ~ Robin of Bird in the Hand Primitives

7 ~ Debbie of Simple Country Blessings

...... ok, that did take a little time, but I do enjoy visiting blogs of my buddies! :)

For now... back to punching & enjoying the weekend!

Happy craftin' my friends! Smiles, to ya.....

Betty

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award! And congrats to everyone you awarded one to as well. What a wonderful collection of goodies from the auction. Sounds like the perfect weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, I'm just drooling over your incredible goodies. I too love a good auction and you hit the jackpot!
    I also want to thank you for the award what an honor!
    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am soooooo honored Betty ~ thank you so much! Could you email me when you get a chance? This is my first award and as you know I'm a newbie in the blog world and I need HELP!!! You're such a sweetie and again thank you for the award. I will display it proudly (once I figure out how, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh - what fabulous auction finds!! I just love those salt cod boxes! :D Congratulations on your well-earned reward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, sweet Betty.

    I am in a bit of a busy spell, but I am looking forward to posting my new award and finding some more ladies to pass it on to. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...