Sunday, February 22, 2009

~*Another Weekend Update*~

Hello Dear Friends! So, here it is now almost 3:30 on Sunday & I have yet to pull out my crafting supplies for the day ~ BUT I AM ABOUT TO. We have spent the majority of the day at my In-Laws celebrating the birthday of our 10 year old Nephew. We ate homemade pizzas, salads, and ice cream cake. YUMMY! We are back home ~ along with many of the boys in the family. They are out on the go kart track & I'm about to get to work. I thought I would just update you since I hadn't posted yet for the day. Hopefully I will have some more finished ditty pictures before nightfall.

In the meanwhile... you may enjoy the recipe for one of the salads I made for the party today. I have been watching my Weight Watchers points trying to loose some weight (doing pretty good so far too ~ goodie!). I found a recipe similar to this one online & changed it up some to cut the fat. This seemed to be a big hit today... from both dieters & non-dieters.


Mexican Salad Mix

1 large head lettuce, chopped
1 can Rotel Original, drained
2/3 c frozen corn, thawed
1 can kidney beans (or other red bean), rinsed
½ bottle Catalina French Fat Free Dressing
1 cup 2% or Fat Free shredded cheddar cheese
½ bag (4.5 oz) Frito’s corn chips, slightly crushed

Mix all ingredients and serve immediately.

1 cup salad = 2 points


Warm smiles to you... I hope to post again soon.

Betty

1 comment:

  1. The salad sounds so good think I may just have to give it a try! Looking forward to seeing what your working on this evening.
    :)Ginger

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...