Thursday, November 12, 2009

~*Cub Scout Excitement*~

Hello Dear Friends! The last few days have been busy with Cub Scout excitement.

The boys were given a wonderful tour of the Emporia Police station this week. They were shown all around the station, got to hear a dispatch call taken (thankfully not a dangerously bad call), were shown how to find a fingerprint, and were shown how Arco, the canine pooch, could sniff out some drugs. The boys and parents really enjoyed the tour. It was exciting and informative.





There was no school yesterday... to honor Veteran's Day. Our local city of Emporia, Kansas holds a parade to celebrate & thank our brave Veteran's and active military personnel. (In fact, did you know that Emporia is the founding city of Veteran's Day? You can read about it HERE if you are interested in learning more.) The boys were delighted to be a part of the parade. Trinity was tickled that he could help carry the Scout banner...



My heart and soul thanks each and every Veteran and active military personnel!

I've been trying to get some projects completed this week... but have been stressing about a Barn Sale (multi-family garage sale really) we have scheduled for this Saturday. So hopefully come Sunday... I will be stress~free hooking, punching, and stitching the day away!

Wishing you warm smiles,

Betty

6 comments:

  1. I bet it was so much fun for the kids - and informative for everyone. I vividly remember when a fireman visited school when I was only about 7 years old. LOL.

    I hope you've got some stress free time in your near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun...Boys sure do like the cop stuff!!
    I didn't realize that about Emporia-Congratulations.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trinity is growing up so fast. He sure looks handsome in his scout uniform!
    Wishing you lots of customers at your Barn Sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trinity is so cute. All the Cub Scouts look so grand!! Sometimes I wish I could go back and raise our kids all over again. They grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trinity is so cute. All the Cub Scouts look so grand!! Sometimes I wish I could go back and raise our kids all over again. They grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...