Friday, January 29, 2010

~*Friday Finishes*~

Hello Dear Friends! It is Friday... so ya know what that means! Friday finishes! And there are lots of great ones to share!


First of all... I should apologize. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but this first finish was shared with me before last Friday & I didn't get it posted. It surely is too beautiful to have been looked~over. I am so sorry! My brain must malfunctioned or shorted~out! (which it does all to often anymore!)

Mylene has stitched up the latest ~*Valentine Freebie*~. Mylene stated that she was between bigger projects and had seen this one finished by another stitcher, Irene... so she thought she would do one too. I'm not sure what fibers Mylene used, but she did a truly delightful finish. There are more photos of this sweetie on her blog ~ she even stitched a lil' heart for the back too! So SWEET!


When I went to see Irene finish, I actually found two! The latest ~*Valentine Freebie*~

Stitched on 16 ct. white adia with DMC 816... and she stitched the back with 3 hearts & a cute border!

And last year's ~*Sweet Valentine Freebie*~

Stitched on 28ct white evenweave with DMC threads.

Aren't they just TOO CUTE?! :)

Nan has been busy with lots of stitches! She too has stitched last year's ~*Sweet Valentine Freebie*~... along with some other sweets! The ~LOVE~ pinkeep is a Stitcherhood freebie. Both were stitched on linen using cherry basket by Valdani. The ~Valenine~ pinkeep by Country Rustic Primitives was stitched on R&R linen, with Aztec Red by WDW. She hung a silver charm from a piece of french ribbon on each. And all of them are firmly stuffed with sawdust. WOW! Beautiful!


I ran across this sweet one, that was given as a gift to Su... stitched by AnneMarie. Again, BEAUTIFUL!


Louise too has stitched up a Valentine goodie... and added darling lace trim to make it even sweeter! She used used 28 count evenweave with DMC thread numbers 3804 and 3021. She filled her's with crushed walnut shells. So sweet!


This next one was lovingly stitched by Murf (no blog). She added some sweet rick~rack trim and a cute key charm. The pinkeep has a rick~rack hanger also that doesnt' snow in the picture. I just LOVE the bird with the lil' hat too! Aren't they both just too cute?! :)


My goodness! There are lots of great Valentine's Finishes! I'm delighted with each and every one! I also stitched up the latest Valentine freebie last week. It was a quick stitch. I was able to stitch it in an evening and then did the finishing the next day. If you haven't already stitched it (or even if you have), you should do one. They make great gifts! In fact, that is what mine was done for. It should be arriving at its new home today. Here is mine... stitched with DMC on prairie cloth. (I didn't get a very good snapshot of it before mailing it, sorry.) I pinned an old, rusty key to the corner that hangs from a strand of wool.


We are getting snow today ~ probably have 3 inches already. It would be nice to stay home, but I do have to travel to Topeka later today. Hopefully turnpike will be cleared and safe.

This final finish of the day is appropriate and will be in my thoughts during my travels... as home is best. This lovely has been stitched by Diane. It is ~*Home Freebie*~ offered some time ago. Her stitching is truly lovely... but I especially like the hemstitched edges. She stitched on 40 ct vintage light exemplar... using Anchor Bates threads from her "ollllllld stash".


Thank you Ladies, for stitching and sharing! Each and every finish is truly beautiful!

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

9 comments:

  1. All of them lovely Betty~thank you for sharing!~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love making little pillows with stitching, they are all wonderful. I want to try some small pieces to frame on the wall.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a group of talented ladies! It amazes me how you can take one pattern and get so many different looks.
    Stay warm,
    Leanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great finishes!! I need to get stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a surprise to see my stitching on your blog. I'm so glad you like them enough to show. I agree with Leanne, it's amazing to see the different finishes from the same pattern. They are all so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Betty for posting my finish. I love Friday's and seeing everyone's creativity. That "Home is best" finish makes me want to stitch that next. Can't wait for your new patterns to come out.
    Thanks again for sharing.
    ~Nan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thank you for sharing my humble finish of your fabulous design :o) It was such a joy to stitch! Amazing how so many different finishes come from just one pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finishes by all! Thanks for showing us what others have done with your designs Betty and your stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for posting my Valentine pin cushion finish!
    I love all your designs, and again, thank you so much for the freebies!
    I love everyone's fishes, beautiful!

    Raggedystitches,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...