Friday, November 11, 2011

~*Friday Finishes*~

Hello Dear Friends! Oh my... this week has flown by! It has been hectic with work, home, and family... but all is good!

I do hope you have enjoyed Veteran's Day! Normally, I take Trinity to the parade... but today was a work day for me and we weren't able to go. At work I now sooner made the comment that we would be busy because of the parade... when BOOM we were swamped with customers. It was a beautiful day and a great day for the parade. I heard on the radio that there were 65 entries... so sounds like a goodie.

My heartfelt thank you to all the Vets... those that have served and those still doing so. We wouldn't have this beautiful country and our freedom without your hard work and sacrifices.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm thrilled to share this stunning ~*Friday Finish*~ with you! This one was made by Denice... from the freebie ~*Thankful*~...

She stitched with DMC 3781 on 28 ct antique-white even-weave, heavily aged with tea, cinnamon and vanilla. She then added blanket-stitched brown wool tongues on a background of dark tobacco-brown wool. The penny rug measures 9x10.5in. How beautiful is that?! Great work Denice!

She has it currently listed on Ebay... CLICK HERE to see her listing.

Thank you, Denice, for stitching and sharing your lovely work.

Please remember crafters...I LOVE to see & share your finishes. Email them to me so I can post them on ~*Friday Finishes*~.

Well... I feel I have recovered from a busy day... so I may just go relax on the sofa for the evening to work on that blackwork sampler that was started not too long ago.

Wishing you warm smiles...

Betty

8 comments:

  1. That is positively gorgeous...Denice is making me wish I still decorated for Thanksgiving! Have a wonderful weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how she incorporated the wool penny rug idea along w/the cr. stitch! My two favorites! Beautiful job!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful piece! i keep forgetting that i printed that pattern. denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it is really very beautiful finish.i love it..
    keep well dear and have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great idea to incorporate your design into a penny rug! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique way to finish a cross-stitch piece! I'm currently working on your freebie as well. Maybe this will give me a kick in the you-know-what to get it finished. :)

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...