Tuesday, December 6, 2011

~*Elf Work*~

Hello Dear Friends! I hope you are doing well... and staying warm. We are chilly here and were treated with a light dusting of snow over night. T'is the season!

Today is my last of three days off work. I had hoped to get a lot more done over these three days than I did, but I did enjoy time with my family and did get some much needed rest. Today I'm working on crafty things... and trying to get some finishes. I'm feeling a bit like one of Santa's elves!

I wasn't going to share this until it was given and received, but since I decided not to use the name of the sweet gal receiving it... why not share it? It will still be a surprise for her.


I stitched up my latest freebie, ~*Young Girl Sampler*~ with DMC threads on 30 count linen... that was Walnut dyed, and framed it in a re~purposed 5 by 7 inch frame. I wanted to make a soft finish (a needle book), but time just wasn't in my favor. This will be part of the gift given. I have a few other handmades and a few purchased goodies to go along with it. If possible, it will be in the mail on the way tomorrow.


The name "Lucie" came from a story I just read. My dear husband gave me a Kindle Fire for an early Christmas gift. On it was the short story by Beatrix Potter, The Tale of Mrs. Tiggle-Winkle. Lucie is the little girl in the story... a cute, short read. I thought she would be perfect to add to my sampler.

I have more ditties to finish... so I had better get back to it.

Wishing you warm smiles...

Betty

16 comments:

  1. I love your sampler Bettygirl! you ARE one of Santa's elves!!
    Enjoy your creative day ~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, what a wonderful finish and a surprise gift that anyone would love to have. She will cherish it.
    Warm Holiday Wishes,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sweet. Is the pattern going to be an on-line freebie or will you have it for sale? Sorry you have to go back to work but glad you have a job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ladies!

    Yes, Linda, this is a freebie pattern. I just added the link to my picture trail. So sorry I forgot to include it with the original post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whomever is receiving such a delightful gift is surely a lucky one. Old time sampler style is a type of serenity...

    My sil and daughter often refer to me as "the Elf" as I'm always busy making things, oft times for Livvie, who has discovered the delight of having an elf to place direct orders with...I'm hoping it will lead to her wanting to learn. At present, she says she wants to "stitch when she is older" :) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful finish, Betty! And the frame is perfect for it. I like how you came up with the name "Lucie."

    ReplyDelete
  7. a truly a very lovely finish..i love it so much..and the frame is really very perfect for it..have a lovely day..hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, a lovely soft finish. The muted colours are gorgeous.

    Hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read that story!! Cute! Love the sampler - the giftee is so very blessed to have you in her life....I'm sure it will be a treasure to her! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful piece and it looks beautiful framed.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious! Thanks for sharing. Stay toasty warm!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cross~stitch piece and I'm sure someone will be very delighted!
    Glad you had a few days off to catch up on some rest and have a little fun stitching.
    We are COLD here but just had a flurry or two. I may just have to check that little story out sounds like it might be a good one to read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Betty, that is so pretty and the frame compliments it perfectly. I ordered some Walnut crystals a year ago and still haven't used them but soon will try. I've used coffee before but I know the crystals are stronger but otherwise I will be surprised. I always love seeing your finished samplers!

    Jennfer
    Feathers in the Nest

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I was the one who recieved this from Betty!! I am sooooo lucky and I love it to death!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...