Monday, December 19, 2011

~*The Weekend Before Christmas*~

... was filled with shopping and fun!

Hello Dear Friends! Are you still getting ready for Christmas? We are almost ready! I worked on Saturday, but yesterday we had some fun and did some shopping. The shopping wasn't especially fun, because it was busy... Trinity, Tony, and I braved the roads and the stores together. We are happy with the gifts we have bought and we hope the recipients are too. Before we ended our outing, we stopped by Jake's RC in Topeka to see some of the RC races...
It is tough to get pictures on my phone of the cars... they are faster than the camera...
It is easier to get pictures of the cars when they are just sitting...
Between races, the racers are busy in their pits tuning and repairing their cars...
My boys have raced on this track in the past. I think they are getting more and more interested and wanting to go back. We have a large building here at home that Tony built himself. Inside it, is his own RC track. He, Trinity, and Jamie were out in it last night racing together... but I think they may end up in Topeka soon.

What may interest you all more... when I go to the races, I always take a project to work on & I'm the only one in the place working on cross stitch or rug hooking!

The gifts we have so far are wrapped and under the tree. A little someone had to do some snooping before school today...
This is not a good picture... it was taken from my phone in the dark living room... but you can see what he is doing ~ shaking, checking for size & weight, counting how many are his... and already asking, "Can I open it now?"

Today and tomorrow are days off work. I have projects still that need to be finished... and always ones I want to do. I'll post more later or tomorrow so you can see.

Until then... wishing you warm smiles...

Betty

3 comments:

  1. Sound like you all had a lovely weekend..enjoy. Your day today..
    hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture of the rascally package shaker caught in the act! Oh, so NOT ready on this end. That RC track looks amazing - wow, I didn't know they had such things. My son was into them for a while, but had no place other than our yard to play with them - and that's somewhat limiting when you really only have 3 months of "non-winter" here in Nod....Love the "pits!" Wishing you a week of wonder and joy! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is some serious concentration going on with all that box shaking! lol!

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...