Monday, December 17, 2012

~*Kitties!*~

Hello Dear Friends & Happy Monday!  With all the bad in the world... the tragically horrific events... take time to love those around you.

My dear friend, Ginger, wrote on her blog...

"Simple pleasures are truly often taken for granted.  Hug those closest to you and tell them you Love them.  Forgive those that have hurt you and say you're sorry to the ones you have hurt.  Pray even if you don't know what to pray for."
 
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth
The peace that was meant to be.
With GOD as our father.
 
I had to share her words....  Thank you Ginger!
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kitties!
 
 Yes, I have kitties in the making...
(If you like primitivebettys on Facebook... you have already seen these.  Snapping a picture & posting on my Facebook page takes just a few seconds... and can be done from my phone.  Facebook is updated more often than my blog.  So, if you Facebook... like primitivebettys!  Please & thank you!)

I had the idea the other day to make kitties.  Looking through my book collection, I spotted a lovely little kitty needle keep in a Kindred Spirits book.  I began making it... well, five of them really.  BUT... then ran into a brick wall with the instructions.  Oh, don't get me wrong... I totally adore Kindred Spirits books & patterns!  I don't want to say anything bad about them ever.  They are great!  However, for the life of me I could not make heads or tails out of the instructions for finishing this one.  The kitty in their pattern has the sweetest little jumper that unbuttons at the shoulders & opens to reveal the needle holder heart on her belly & pockets in her jumper.  My sewing skills are good enough to get me by usually... but not this time.  So... I improvised (which is something I am good at doing!)... and came up with these!

My kitties have bibs made from a vintage quilt with some wool applique!  I cut the bib, stitched the edges & added some pretties on the front.  Then gathered it at the top & sewed it to my kitty shoulders.  Without the bib, they look too much like a voodoo-doll with pins sticking in 'em.  YIKES!  I can't have that!  They have to have the cute bibs!
 Well, I finished the first 5.  One was taken to my booth at Ellie Lou's, two have been mailed off to sweet adopters (buyers), and several other folks have requested more.  (I'm offering them for $10 each plus mailing)

These kitties are completely hand sewn... my sewing machine didn't want to follow directions with the tiny limbs these kitties have.  The first batch were filled with poly... but the next batch (8 more) have their head & limbs filled with poly & their bellies lightly filled with crushed walnut shells.
 The faces & paws are all primitively embroidered with cotton floss... their hearts are warm wool.  I haven't measured them... but they are about as tall as the length from my finger tips to my wrist.  And they are just as sweet as can be!
My plans are to finish up these 8 today... some are adopted... some are still looking for homes... and then I can make some more if needed.

Also on  my agenda today... work up a funky-not really prim-woolly owl doll pattern!  I think my three beautiful nieces each need one of them!  I'll share those finishes with you too.  I'll be working outside my color comfort zone with these!  There are some bright pink, orange, purple, and green wools on my shelves that haven't been over dyed yet... that would look great for my young nieces' owls!

Have a blessed day!

Wishing you warm smiles...

Betty
 

5 comments:

  1. Miss Betty those kitties are just too cute. Love all the details you put on them. The little hearts on each of them are just purrfect!
    Wishing you a day filled with lots of fun stitching and give Mr. Trinity a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think peace is a good word for this week.
    Love your kitties and I do love making them, need to get back into ornies and dolls again.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww the kitties are so cuteeee..
    love for you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. QUE AMOROSOS LOS GATOS..PRECIOSOS.
    SALUDOS.

    FELIZ AÑO!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...