Tuesday, January 14, 2014

~*Getting In The Grove*~

 Hello Dear Friends!  I'm hooking... but struggling with it.  The bunny head and the wool colors are not working out.  It seems I have reverse~hooked a dozen times!  The wool is too fat, my hooking isn't fitting, or there isn't enough contrast in the wool colors.  Well... I'm not a professional hooker... and I don't 'color plan' before I start.  I just fly by the seat of my pants!  Maybe after giving it some time... and a good night's sleep... it will pull together today!

If you didn't catch it in my earlier post... this bunny pattern is a freebie given by the most~awesome Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm.  If you are interested in getting it, it may still be on her blog... or maybe she can hook ya up.  Easter & Spring are getting nearer and nearer!

I have a wonderful work space partially set up in our basement at the new home... but, as you can see, I still can accumulate a huge mess of clutter in the living room!  Oh... the comforts of home...
 I did decide yesterday afternoon to pull out the dyes.  This pile of wool is all a cool, gray.  I wanted it warmer and dirtier~looking.  The two pieces on the left are from Thrift Store finds... a skirt and blazer that I purchased for only $1 each!  The piece on the right is some wool yardage purchased at a hook~in last year.
 I tried to remember how to do this... it has been A LONG TIME SINCE MY DYE POTS HAVE BEEN ON THE STOVE!
 
 Here is the finished wool... much warmer AND DIRTY LOOKING!  I used a Pro~Chem recipe called Knapsack.  (The top two pieces are the Thrift Store wools.)
 I was thinking of using this wool in the bunny rug... and still might use a small amount of it... but now I'm thinking it is too dark for what I already have hooked.  Urrgghhh.... back to the wool stash maybe?

*~*~*~*~*
 
We are sharing our time with basketball this time of year.  Two practices a week... and now a game every Saturday.  This past Saturday was Trinity's first game of the year.  He hasn't played basketball since the third grade... he is now in sixth.  I was happy to hear he wanted to sign up this year with his new friends at his new school.  The team and coaches are really working well together.  Trinity feels right at home. 

The boys won 32-3.  Goodness!  Way to go!
Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece with Lori's pattern. I saw your wools on facebook, nice colors.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're being too hard on yourself because I like what I'm seeing. And probably you ripped out good choices as well.

    Went to NFF and did not see that design in her 'freebies' link. Maybe I didn't look in the right place.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look for it again & try to get ahold of Lori too. I'll keep you posted. :)

      Delete
  3. Your rug is coming along and I'm sure you will find just the right wool for the bunny! Congrats to Trinity on the basketball win :)

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...