Tuesday, February 25, 2014

~*Mother Son Re~Do Project*~

Hello Dear Friends!

Last weekend we had the joy of attending a local auction.  Oh... they are always SO MUCH FUN!!!  We won several items and enjoyed spending the day together... my husband, son, and I. 

My husband was wanting (and very much needing) a log splitter.  He won the bid for one Saturday and has already used it to cut bundles of firewood.  He wanted a garden tractor that was there too, but the winning bid for it was more than he wanted to go.  So... back to another auction later to try for another.

I found a few small vintage dishes, and some re~do furniture that I hope to paint up by next weekend... (wish me luck with the clock working to my advantage there!)

My son wanted an old, kinda ugly landscape picture that was in the living room of this home... but, the winning bid for it was more than I told him I would go.  However, he also wanted a bed for his room.  He has only had a mattress set on a metal frame.  Having a headboard & foot-board is much more 'home' looking.  Well... he wanted this one...
 The bed is simple, plain, and probably right out of the 1950s or 1960s... but it only cost us $1!!!!
One brush is mine and one is his... we worked on it together with paint already on hand.  It was fun to spend some quality time together with the kiddo... and work on something just for him!  Something he really wanted and was into!
Once we finished... we didn't waist any time moving it into his room.  We already had the bed coverings and pillows.  My Mom bought these for him when he was only 2 years old.  He has kept them and loved them over the years.  Oh... and we have to have the Minecraft poster over the bed!  Well... I guess it was either that or try again to win another ugly landscape picture as I mentioned earlier in the post.  Ha Ha

What matters most... he loves his room and his space.  I'm sure tonight when he comes home from school, he will fill up the shelves on the headboard with more of his treasures and make it even more 'his' bed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My pinkeep that was listed on Ebay didn't sell.  This morning... I did move it over to Etsy if you are interested.

I'm still working to get back in the swing of things... punching, hooking, stitching, painting... and whatever else I can do to keep me out of trouble.  :-)

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

1 comment:

  1. don't you just love a GOOD auction? esp. when you win something???!
    Hoping your young man enjoys the bookcase/bed ~ I think it's perfect!
    xoxox
    L

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...