Wednesday, December 31, 2014

~*Ending 2014*~

Hello Dear Friends!

I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year!  Please, if you are going to be out and about celebrating tonight... be safe!  Make 2015 be Happier, Healthier, and Brighter than ever!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I am ending the year with some 'For Me' projects... 

This morning while enjoying a warm cup (or 2 or 3) of yummy coffee... I crocheted these Fingerless Gloves.  Nope, I am not a talented crocheter!  My gloves are kind of sad really.  However, they were fun to make!  I will let my Momma and Sister continue to marvel and shine with their quality crochet!  My dear buddy, Ginger, shared her finished gloves on her blog... and that gave me the fever to give 'em a try... 


I found the pattern HERE if you would like to make some of your own!  *SMILES*  And I am sure yours will look as nice as the ones finished by the talented crochet artist that gave the pattern... and not the sad, but still wearable ones I made.  *GRIN*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Locker Hooking is a medium introduced to me about 10 years ago.  My Mister bought me my first kit... and it started my journey into rug hooking.  The supplies had long been boxed and abandon... but last week... they were dug out.

I made this rug during the hustle and bustle of the Christmas Season... it was just finished the other  night...


My plans were to make it for our laundry room... to sit in front of the washer and dryer.  However, it has ended up in our living room.  Placed in front of the cabinet that holds our TV.  I enjoy looking at it and love the spark of 'color'.

The rug is about 58 inches long and about 20 inches wide!  

After the locker hooking was complete, the edges were finished with a crochet touch.  (Yup, more crochet!  However, this one is super easy!).  I used black rug yarn (purchased from my buddy Ginger!) with just a single crochet around the edge... 1 in each square of the latch hook canvas... 3 single crochets in each corner.


Locker Hooking is done on Latch Hook Canvas using a special needle... one with a crochet hook on one end and a yarn needle on the other...


If you would like to know more information about Locker Hooking... visit Ginger's blog.  On the sidebar she has a link for all her Tutorials... she has a 3 part one just for this craft!  She is my buddy... and super talented too!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My locker hook rug was made of 1 inch wide strips of cotton and polycotton fabric.  I have a HUGE TOTE full!!!  This photo was taken AFTER MY RUG WAS FINISHED!
 

So these fabrics have another purpose in the works... my next project will be on my Weaving Loom....


This is the one and only woven rug I have made using my loom...  It is made of strips of old, tatter, and torn quilt strips...


Before we moved (over a year ago)... I measured out warp threads for a project.  BUT... that project was never started... and the threads were not moved well from our old home to our new home... and were very tangled...  I didn't want to waste them though!

I was on a mission!  And, after over 4 back~breaking hours last night... the loom did get threaded!  It is now ready for weaving! 


So... ending 2014... I will be working on another rug on my weaving loom!

Wishing you warm smiles...

Betty

2 comments:

  1. Love your locker hooked rug!
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the locker hooked rug and the woven rug! Your weaving room looks so cozy! Blessings to you and your family in the New Year and always!

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...