Monday, July 27, 2015

~*All About Wings... and another FREEBIE*~

Hello Dear Friends!

Our weekends, only due to my husband's work schedule, are three days... always.  They are Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  It really allows us to get a lot accomplished around home and, more importantly, spend more time together.

This weekend, my dear husband helped me with a few of my crafty and junky projects...

First... we made an angel... that I have named Laverne... from thrown out, scrappy items...

an old shutter
piece to a twin bed (with the legs cut off)
sticks from a small garden trellis
scrap piece of plywood
grapevine wreath
flower garland... 
(Both the wreath and garland were found at a thrift store for very few pennies!)
 She hangs on a shed near our chickens.  I think she is just darling!!! 

Why did I name her Laverne?  She is named after my dear Aunt Laverne... that passed away on July 21st.  I miss her dearly, but I know she is in a good place now and is surrounded by love.  She will always be near and dear to me.

~*~*~*~*~*~

This morning, I purchased an old ceiling fan that was found on a Buy, Sell, Trade site.  It didn't take me long to put these dragonflies together!

This one is made with an old table leg, the ceiling fan blades (cut down to make a little curvy on the ends), old junk cabinet knobs for eyes, and pieces of a rusty coat hanger for antennae... It now hangs on the side of our boathouse near the pond...

While I had all the tools out... I made another!  This one is constructed from old boards ~ already painted white... and now chippy, old furniture hardware for eyes, and rusty bed-springs for the antennae.  (I think this one is my favorite of the two!)... It now hands on the front end of our pole-barn... facing the road.  Maybe it will make a passerby chuckle a bit!

I think all the re~claimed... re~purposed projects from our weekend are quite fun!

~*~*~*~*~*~

And while I'm still on a 'wing' kick.... Here is another simple FREEBIE DOODLE for you...

~*Angel Love*~
 

She is simple.  The heart was left bare on purpose... maybe you will want to add initials? ... or cut the heart opening to frame a picture?  The design will be much more interesting when the fibers are added... the colors... the medium used.... the process of crafting with it.  At least that is what I'm thinking.  Have fun with it!

Enjoy!  Hook, punch, stitch, paint... whatever the medium you choose... have fun with the doodle!  Resize to your desire.  Please though... give credit for the design to me ~ primitivebettys/Betty Dekat.  Your finished works may be sold, but no 'mass production' please.  Also, DO NOT sell the pattern!  It is free FREE FREE!  Thank you!  Oh... and I do love to see those finished items!  Share them with me!

 ~*~*~*~*~*~

The rest of the time over the weekend was mostly used for yard work... and resting.  It has been brutally hot here!  I can't even begin to tell you how much I've sweat!!!  Aarrggghhh

Wishing you all warm smiles... and crafty fun!

Betty

5 comments:

  1. Love your repurposed creations! Those dragon flies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty,
    You are so very talented and inventive!! I love your use of old cast off items to make new art!! You can literally use so many old things to create something new!! Great job!!
    I really appreciate your sharing your free doodles too and hope to share a photo with you when I get it done!! Thank you so much!!! We are also having some very hot weather here too......99 degrees tomorrow!! I will be staying inside with the AC on!! Hope you can stay cool too!!
    Have a great week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. I love the angel but I really love the dragon flies. I must go find my woodworking hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love your angel and dragonflies. How fun they are. Wonderful little "angel love" Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love your dragon flies so much! On a post in a garden would be wonderful.
    thanks for the doodle.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...