Thursday, June 12, 2008

~*My Dad*~



Hello my dear friends! We were in Oklahoma this past weekend for a short visit at my Dad's.... too short of a visit really. We don't get to see my Dad & step-Mom nearly enough.

They live on the top of a mountain near Lake Tenkiller. It is truly beautiful there. They have cattle, chickens, and two of these little 'horses'. Dad has also become quite the gardener. He has started over 200 tomato & pepper plants by seed. I'm not sure what he plans to do with all of them.... but he did send us home with a few pepper plants.





My Dad had a fall from a roof this past February & broke his hip. He is recovering from that,still managing to work in his garden. However, he is now facing other health concerns. Today he is having surgery to take a biopsy of a mass in his chest. If you would, please keep him in your thoughts & prayers.

....A Little Girl Needs Daddy poem....

A little girl needs Daddy
For many, many things:
Like holding her high off the ground
Where the sunlight sings!
Like being the deep music
That tells her all is right
When she awakens frantic with
The terrors of the night.

Like being the great mountain
That rises in her heart
And shows her how she might get home
When all else falls apart.

Like giving her the love
That is her sea and air,
So diving deep or soaring high
She'll always find him there.


Many kind smiles..... Betty

5 comments:

  1. Betty~ I'm so glad you had a good visit with your Dad. What a beautiful place to visit and his garden is huge! It's simply amazing that after having his hip broken and still mending that he is able to have such a large garden! I'll be praying that all will be well with your Dad! Blessings :) Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty - It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your Dad. I can't believe he's tending a garden that large while recovering from a broken hip but I'm learning that the recovery process is long and difficult. The Lake Tenkiller area looks beautiful and I'll bet you had a great time there. I'll be keeping your father in my prayers for his health concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you and your dad in my heart and in my thoughts. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty,
    Your pictures of your Dad and his massive gardens are wonderful; he sounds like an extrodinary man with a huge amount of energy and drive.
    I am praying for him and you also, to fight this latest fight. By the sounds of things, he has it in him to get over this latest hurdle with ease.
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear me. Betty, you need to design a sampler with that poem on it. Rindy

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...