Thursday, August 7, 2008

~*I've Been Playing*~

Hello my dear friends!

I have been playing with the freebie doodle I put up the other day & my cross stitch program..... and look what I did!


(84 x 84 stitches)

WOW! Sometimes I just amaze myself.... really, I have never taken a computer lesson! Like with my folk art, I am completely self~taught! :)

There were a few of you that had mentioned maybe I could do my doodles into cross stitch.... and it looks like I might be able to figure it out. LOL This process isn't how I normally design my cross stitch.... but there is a first for everything!

I'm not sure how to put up the legend with the chart here (I'm still learning) ... but these are the colors that I would use..... these are all DMC floss

outline of pumpkin 400 mahogany - dk
pumpkin 921 copper
stem & crow eye 612 drab brown - lt
everything else ~ 310 black

These are the colors I have been using with many of my recent needle punches... along with my over~dyed floss.

**** To print off the graph ~ click on the image. It will then bring the chart up on the screen alone. Then just print. :)

You are more than welcome to stitch this up AND PLEASE DO ~ just give credit where credit is do.... to me, Betty Dekat of primitivebettys. I would LOVE to see how you stitch this up.

Happy stitching!

Smiles,
Betty

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Betty, great job! I will try to squeeze this one in ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Betty :)...

    LOVE the kitty pattern below too :)

    Hugs,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GREAT! I see overdyes in this pumpkins future! Thank you so much for the great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a wonderful freebie, Betty. Love the pumpkin & crow.
    :) Lavon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, they are wonderful!! You have a lot of talent!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute thank you for sharing!
    Might use my Valdani for this guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cool! Thanks for the freebie Betty. I really love your kitty too. He turned out neat. - BJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You Betty! I love Halloween stuff! You surely have a very kind heart. :-)
    Hugs,
    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so neat! I didn't even know that was possible. Very cute design.

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...