Hello Dear Friends! For those of you that offered help, suggestions, and guidance regarding my wool question the other day... thank you! I spent a good part of the day in the kitchen playing with wool ~ or as my boys say, "cooking fabric". Here are some pictures of my results... (I put a small piece of 'before wool' over the 'after wool' to show how it changed.)
I don't have very much Cushing's Dye, but I did have enough to try Khaki Drab. For this batch... I used 1 tsp. Khaki Drab and 1/2 tsp. Med. Brown to dye about 1 pound of wool.
This batch was about 1/2 pound of wool. I used PRO Chem Washfast Acid Dye. 1/2 tsp. 503 Brown and 1/8 tsp. 672 Jet Black
This was also dyed in the PRO Chem recipe from above...
For this one, I tried to dye with the color compliment of the dominant color in the wool. I saw more Navy Blue than any other color... so I used orange. I added 1/2 tsp. Orange 233 directly to the dye pot with about 1/2 yard wool. It changed more than the photo is showing... much more drab. I think it would make a fun border wool.
I also tried to do some 'changes' without adding any commercial dye. For this one, I 'stewed' about 1 pound of wool in 1 Tb. Tide for about an hour. I am very excited how this one changed! It was so bright red and green before!
My friend Cyndi is selling these sweet little notebooks. I purchased one from her the other day & was so proud of myself for taking notes AND adding samples of what I used and finished with. So, maybe the next time I get the pots & dye out... I can keep up my Dye Journalling!
All in all... it was a FUN time & I feel I really learned a lot and, more importantly, gained confidence to do it again!
Many warm smiles to you...
Wednesday This and That
1 day ago