Thursday, July 16, 2009

~*I'm Still Here*~


Hello Dear Friends! I'm so sorry for not posting as regularly as I should. I'm sure you all know how it is keeping up with everything ~ especially when you have a kiddo (many of you more than one, I know!) out of school for Summer Break. Goodness! Some days I just don't know which direction I'm going and then it seems I'm running non-stop from sun up to sun down. Right now, I have a few 'free' minutes to post... Trinity is playing video games on the other computer for a bit before it is time to get him ready to be tucked in for the night.

I did make it to our local thrift shop this week. That is where the sign came from. It was $2.99... and I didn't have to do a thing to it ~ other than hang it above the door. Seems the shop was 'slim pickins' this week. Oh well... I'm busy enough huh? I picked the sign up because of the Fraktur image. Warm and inviting.

Despite being so busy, I have been getting a lot of stitches in. I now have 2 finished models for patterns that will release very soon. My frame for the latest finish was just ordered this morning and should be here by the end of next week. So, I do promise... releases are on the way.

Some news I need to share with you... and I hope you all understand... I have decided to let go of my memberships to The Primitive Gathering and Lemon Poppy Seeds. With the hectic schedule I've been keeping and the needs & desires of what I really want... I felt it was best. It has been increasingly more difficult to keep up with deadlines. Letting go of the websites will allow me more time with family, friends, and my hopes/dreams of building my pattern line. I do hope to still be able to offer some finished ditties for sale from time to time ~ here on my blog, Ebay, or Etsy. You know me... I gotta be crafting on something and can never seem to keep it in one medium. So, I will still be doing all that I do... just without the monthly deadlines.

Happy stitching, hooking, punching, and crafting!

Warm smiles to you,
Betty

16 comments:

  1. Hi Betty! I love your Fraktur header! WOW! What a steal! Sending you an email...

    Hugs,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty,
    I know how you feel, sometimes we just take on too much and need to slow down on things. Someday I will get myself organized;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty~ It does seem like every spare moment is busy as can be. I sure understand about the deadlines. I'll be looking forward to seeing all your new patterns. Tell Trinity hello for me he sure is a cutie!
    :)Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly understand letting those two memberships go - it is a seriously full-time job keeping up with kids during summer holidays! Like you, I find myself running till they're in bed, and then I just want to go to bed myself! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty, glad to hear that you're enjoying your summer! Can't believe we're mid-way through! Best wishes as you "adjust" your priorities. I think you're making a wise choice to rearrange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great welcome sign, Betty. I bet it was calling your name. Can't wait to see your new designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally understandable! We want to be able to do it all but it sometimes takes us awhile to realize that we can't nor do we need to....esp if we want to keep our sanity and enjoy other things in life!
    Love that topper and what a deal!! I look forward to seeing your new designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making a decision to let something go is sometimes the hardest. So glad you are peace with making it, and wishing you oodles (and noodles) of fun time with your family and yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betty,
    I SO hear what you are saying!!! It's fun to home them home...but I miss the quiet, focused time I have during the school days!
    Sometimes...making the decision is the hardest part! Hoping that your creative energy soars now that "those" deadlines are off your back!
    Hugs ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes on all your endeavors!

    Are the models you stitch for your patterns or for another designer? I've always wondered how a person gets chosen to be a model stitcher. Maybe you could tell us? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, Love your Header!! Can't wait to see your new designs. Priorities are good to have. Glad to see you are at peace with your priorities.
    Have a blessed weekend
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Betty~can't wait to see your new patterns! Blessings friend~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Betty!
    I love your designs so look forward to your new ones :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty, you have to be one of the busiest people I know so I can totally understand letting go of those two memberships. Besides, summer is almost over already (where has the time gone?) and you need to spend every moment you can with Trinity. They grow up so fast and before you know it, and in the blink of an eye, he'll be grown and on his own.

    I'm sure you'll blossom when your time is being spent the way YOU want to spend it and not rushing to meet some deadline.

    You haven't mentioned for some time......how's the studio coming along? Is Tony finding any time to work on it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Betty.....know what you mean with the websites...I am going to be doing that too. Look forward to seeing what you have on your blog as always. xxxRobby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Betty I can not wait to see your new designs! Your piece over the door reminds me of Pennsylvania Dutch designs! What a neat find! Take care my friend, you've made good decisions for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...