Tuesday, October 6, 2009

~*Walking Racing Fuel & More Walking*~

... and then a day of recuperating!

Hello Dear Friends! This isn't a crafty post, but I have been hooking & finishing... and will post about that in the next couple of days. This is just a post to recap the weekend. It was full of fun!

This weekend was the annual 'Americus Days' celebration, but we didn't stay home to enjoy much of it. Tony's brother gave us NASCAR tickets & well, we couldn't say 'no' to that ~ could we? Before leaving for the races ~ I had already signed up to walk in the 5K Walk/Run to benefit our high school's cross country team. My stepSon, Jamie, and his sweet girlfriend, Annie, had promised to walk with me. It was nice having them with me & chit~chatting while we walked. Somehow, all three of us managed to 'win' a medal in our age group brackets! WOW, huh?

Jamie and the camera have a strange relationship. He can't seem to take a picture without making a goofy face!



Thank you Jamie & Annie for walking with me! I LOVED every minute of it!

Once the walk was over... we headed to the Kansas Speedway. This was so AWESOME! I've seen races on TV, but that doesn't compare to being there LIVE! The speed! The sound! The excitement! WOW WOW WOW! We, of course, had to cheer our local boy ~ Clint Bowyer. He grew up in nearby Emporia. He still does a lot to support the community giving money to fund many activities and projects for the children in our area.



This is Clint's Nationwide Car ~ (he drives the Cherrios 33 car for the Sprint Cup Series race)


It is still amazing at how FAST the cars race past the crowds! It seems so much slower when watching it on TV!

There was more walking on Sunday ~



I was playing with the camera waiting for the walk to begin ~ thought my feet should have a picture too. LOL These are my walking shoes. :)

This was a 2 mile, Memory Walk for the Alzheimer's Association. There were over 200 walkers participate to raise money for the association and enjoy the beautiful day. I showed up for this one solo, but met a few friendly folks & was happy to do a little to help the association and those affected by this disease.

Monday was spent 'rest'... and cleaning. BUT, I did manage to finish a small hooked mat that will be listed on Ebay this week. It will be shared with you soon.

I hope you had a great weekend as well & that your week has started warm, sunny, and full of smiles!

Warm smiles to you...

Betty

6 comments:

  1. Betty sounds like you had a great weekend. What fun the race must have been!

    The ghost you and Trinity made are just adorable and his look while up in the tree is priceless!

    Can't wait to see your new hooked piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest your feet dearie!!! LOL! Congrats on finishing both walks! Didn't realize this was your FIRST race at the speedway!!! WOW! Sooooo, how do you plan on bribing your BIL to get MORE tickets, huh? LOL! Does he like chocolate? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I just got caught up on your previous posts.. The trunk show looked like fun and it's so nice to put a face with a designer :)

    I'm just finished another Wicked pillow for my niece (no pic yet). I'll send you a picture this week.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nascar caught my eye in this post! My husband never misses a race on tv. I don't like to watch it on tv but I really enjoy actually being there for the race. It is exciting and LOUD! Such great people too. Unfortunately any race for us is quite a distance away, so we don't go often but try to get to at least one a year. Had I known you were there, I would have looked for you in the crowd on tv! Ha! :)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Betty...all that walking is so good for you and for such a great cause too :) Sounds like you had a great weekend. Loving all those pieces you have finished up.

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...