Wednesday, February 10, 2010

~*Can I Blame Someone?*~

Can I blame someone for inspiration? Please? Just kiddin'! I'm actually in the whirlwind of crafty, creative wonder! Look...



Yup, I'm actually going to try to piece and quilt a prim, dolly quilt! Can you believe it? Yes, I know... I have at least 2 rugs going, a handful of cross stitch pieces started, another handful of needlepunch pieces in various stages, and a half dozen dollies awaiting clothing... but I've been inspired to try this! Thanks to some VERY DEAR friends who have gone above and beyond to teach me the ropes via the web... and who have even been so generous to share some quality fabric scraps. Thanks to all of you! I'm in a joyous, crafty, daze... and enjoying it ever~so~GREATLY!

I spent time this morning gathering fabrics, ironing & starching, and cutting 4" squares (maybe not exactly straight ~ but I tried my hardest!), marking 1/4" seam lines... and reading through email directions. I'm now ready to try my hand at piecing them together.

Wish me Luck!

Smiles,

Betty

22 comments:

  1. Great fabrics Betty! Your little quilt will be primly perfect!! I've learned when your heart calls out to do a certain thing you just have to go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your going to give this a go and I'm sure you will master it in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! :D You don't need no stinkin luck! You're gonna rock this!! Looks great so far!
    xo
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty,
    Great prim fabrics. I want to do a few too, so need to finish up some projects and make on. Or maybe I will make one and then finish up the other projects;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great colors.I'm sure the dolly will appreciate her new blanket.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you eill do just fine- and if your squares aare not eve it will just look more primitive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! You are going to make some dolly very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you luck Betty even though you won't need it - I'm sure it will be wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually work with several project going at the same time. The quilt will be cute!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, your hands create such beautiful pieces. This is going to be awesome. Love your fabrics! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Lookin' good so far!!!! It's nice to hear the excitement about starting something new! It's going to look GREAT! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh ... your little quilt will prim precious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go Betty! Looks fabulous, so far ~ perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is perfect. And don't worry about having too many things going - I think we're all like that. Just enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks good to me!
    and a little 'wonkiness' is fun,....primitives are forgiving !!!!

    can't wait to see it finished!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are off to a great start and with your talent, you will have this mastered in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the fabrics Betty it's going to be so prim perfect when you are finished!

    Rondell♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing wrong with a million projects started but not finished....I have a million of my own still "in the works"!! Good luck on this one, can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know nothin' about quilting but it sure looks like you're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can do it, Betty! Piece of cake! Good luck and have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How can you go wrong with dear friends? :) Your first little quilt looks fabulous to me. Your talents just keep on stretching into new territory! Well begun is half done.

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...