Friday, August 6, 2010

~*Friday Finishes*~... and some sneak peeks

Hello Dear Friends! It is Friday & I have a dandy to show ya!

Becky has stitched up the ~*Crow*~ Freebie... and finished it so wonderfully! The stitching was done with brown Valdani floss on 22 count Hardanger. When she was finished with the stitching, she mounted it to a board with the candles. How primitive-charming is that?



Thank you again, Becky, for stitching & sharing!

As for stitches from my hands... well, here are a few sneak peeks...



The top three pieces of fabric are stitches I've been working on for pattern releases. The stitches are set... now I need to get to the finishing. More will be shared soon. *wink* The bottom one is a sampler I've stitched up as a gift. Once I sort through my collection of 8 by 10 frames to choose the best one... I'll share it here with you. The gift receiver isn't on the computer much... so I'm sure she won't see it too soon.

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

14 comments:

  1. You do such wonderful stitcheries, I need more practice to find my style. Love how she did the board. I found a couple of candle boards at the antique consignment, but thought of making my own. Would be nice to leave a space for a punched piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a dandy it is! Love the idea of adding the candles to the board under the stitchery... I might have to give that a try too! Your stitching is beautiful too, Betty! A lot faster than I am... better get off this computer so I can catch up to ya'! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crow crosstitch and the way she mounted it with the candles. A really extra nice piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! The Work just behind the gift sampler caught my eye; I'll be looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish with the candle board.

    What a tease you are Betty - from what I can see your new samplers look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky's finish is great !! I can't wait to see the new patterns !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky's board finish is simply beautiful. What fabulous work! This being said ---- I am really a "Crow" and this pattern would make such lovely gifts for some of my relatives! Oh to find the time....

    Betty, it looks like you are working on something beautiful too........ Thank you for all you do and all you share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the candle board. what a great finish. denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popping in of Friday's is such fun to see all of the beautiful work and this one is just a beauty!
    You are such a fast stitcher and your samplers are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see your finished piece. What you've shown looks really pretty. Some day I will attempt a larger cross stitch project.

    Have a wonderful week end.

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love Becky's finish. Thanks to both you and Becky for sharing. Did Becky say where she got the board that she mounted the stitching on?

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all look so intriguing! I can't wait to see them finished. Love the gift sampler! That would make a lovely release as well. . . ; )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I like very much this embroidery especially the bird
    Best regards marylin

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...