Wednesday, November 3, 2010

~*Wednesday Stitches*~

Hello Dear Friends! The frame for the ~*Christmas Sampler*~ has been ordered... but hasn't arrived yet. So... last night I switched gears a little & started stitching up my latest freebie... if I had started 30 minutes earlier it would have been finished. It is a quick stitch for sure! I have plans to give this one as a gift... after making it into a small cupboard hanger. I picked up a big piece of linen & started stitching in the lower corner... just something I do when I'm too lazy to measure things out. Actually, this piece of linen wasn't marked with the size. I'm thinking it is probably a 32 count. I'm stitching 2 over 2 & using DMC floss colors 3021, 3768, and 3790. Lately I'm really loving the combination of 'old' blues & browns.



'Quick Stitch' patterns are really a refreshing break... and give an almost instant feeling of accomplishment. That is something I could really use right now... the ~*Christmas Sampler*~ is near completion... but the work on my studio is about to do me in. I am still working on the trim around the windows, doors, and floor (removing the old paint)... stripping and sanding. Oh... how I want to get things primed and painted NOW! I picked up the latest issue ~ the Christmas issue ~ of Country Sampler Magazine... and I'm finding myself really excited to get busy decorating for the holidays now too! Are you?

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing, Betty, how Country Sampler magazine inspires us to get busy creating and decorating? Love your stitcheries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way your stitching turned out! I may do one up in Christmas colors. I'm thinking the bird is a distelfink (goldfinch and is the good luck bird for the PA Dutch. I could us some good luck right now. I'm also thinking they would make cute New Year's gifts for friends ---- wishing them good luck in 2011! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your Christmas sampler...have a great day! When your new studio is complete you will know its all worth it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitchery looks so cute. I just love blues and browns together too. I think it adds to the prim look.
    ~Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you get your patterns? Are they something an inexperienced person like me can do? I used to cross stitch on AIDA cloth - Jeremiah Junction samplers, so I am hoping I could attempt some prim stitcheries? Don't know where to look for patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy, I design patterns & have them for sale and several for free. The ~*Simplify*~ pattern is one of my freebies. You can go to an earlier post on my blog to find it or simply click on the link on the upper left sidebar to go to my picturetrail where they are all listed in one album.

    Smiles,

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty ~
    Thank you for sharing the pattern with us. I, too, am stitching it but I'm not nearly as far along as you are, but it is a quick stitch.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you use linen? If so what count typically to get that prim look? Is linen difficult to stitch on after using 14 ct AIDA when I cross stitched years ago..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Andy, I do prefer linen. Normally I will grab a 32 count and stitch over 2... making it equal to a 16 count. You may be more comfortable with a 28 count linen at first since you are more familiar with 14 Aida. Many stitchers like to stitch on osnaburg (a cotton fabric sold near the muslin at the fabric store). Some stitchers still use Aida for primitive stitch patterns too though. I think that the 'primitive' appearance comes from the design and the aging (coffee,tea, or walnut stain). No matter what fabric you choose to stitch with, you can get a primitive look.

    Happy Stitches!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...