Saturday, June 25, 2011

~*Newly Found Treasures*~

Happy Saturday Dear Friends! It has been a truly nice day! Today Tony & I spent time together in honor of our anniversary. We ate out for lunch, browsed some antique stores in nearby towns, and had a treat at Dairy Queen. Simple and enjoyable!

Here are my newly found treasures...


Some old & some not... I love 'em & am ready to use them to redecorate a few spots in the house & the studio!

Have you ever heard ~ "The time to buy an antique is when you see it."? Well... I saw this box in Ottawa, Kansas last year when we were there for the annual car show. I wanted it then, but didn't buy it. To my surprise, it was still there today... so it came home with me! The box is not in 'perfect' shape. The lid is slightly separated. But, I LOVE the advertising on the inside. It is sure to be displayed open... just like this anyway! I guess I lucked out with that old saying, huh?

This milk glass frog is just too sweet! I'm going to set it on my table in the studio to hold my embroidery scissors. I have a few clear frogs, but couldn't resist this milk glass one! It is sitting in a tarnished silver, shallow bowl right now & I may just leave it in there. Doesn't it look nice?

I have several pieces of white Ironstone. This small creamer isn't really true Ironstone, but the dish it is sitting in is. I think it will be just darling with a few cut flowers in it.

This little jar is only about 4 inches tall. It was only $1 with the lid... that has a small hole in it. I can only figure that it is to hold a small ball of twine. And am sure that is what I will use it for.

The plans I have for this granite comb holder... well, to hang on the wall in the studio to hold my larger scissors or rug hooks.

This strawberry isn't old... it is newly crafted. I just couldn't resist it.

I think I'll head next door to the studio now to do some re~decorating... which is sure to inspire some new crafty creations!

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

15 comments:

  1. What great finds, love the box! Glad you had such a nice anniversary celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful day !Love your new goodies!Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo Betty! You are a kindred soul - Each and every one of your finds are things I would have fallen in love with and had to bring home with me as well. You did AWESOME! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really scored with the goodies. I love, love, love the milk glass flower frog. I collect them and have never seen one in milk glass!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, You got some WAY AWESOME finds on your antiquing trip! We antiqued yesterday as well, but came home empty handed. Love the idea of using the jar for twine and using the comb holder for hooks....as for the seed box....STUPENDOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Great finds! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like everyone has had luck this weekend with great finds! Love all of yours - lucky girl! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary again! What a great day spent together. Love what you found. That white strawberry is too sweet! You came home with some wonderful treats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love old treasures - yours, mine, whosever... Congrats on re-finding, too. Thanks for sharing and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old treasures - yours, mine, whosever! Congrats on the re-find, too! Thanks for sharing, and Happy Anniversary!

    Had some issues posting comments. It may be good to try this:

    Dashboard
    Settings
    Comments
    Comment Form Placement
    Choose POP-UP WINDOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty ~
    Such great new/old treasures!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great treasures, Betty! I would take that box home in a heartbeat! I've always loved the old garden advertisements. What a great way to spend your Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a wonderful day -- definitely the way I would like to spend it!
    Great finds -- I especially like the box that was just waiting for you to come back for it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! So nice to spend it doing something fun like treasure hunting! Love the seed box!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you had a fun anniversary. Loved each and every piece you found!

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...