Thursday, August 2, 2012

~*New Pattern!*~ Halloween!!!!

Hello Dear Friends!  I've done it!  I've finished a pattern... and feel like I'm back in the saddle again!  Let me tell ya... it does good for the mind, body, and soul to work with what you love... and to meet a GOAL!  *SMILE*  The summer heat & drought has really been doing a number on my mood... but this makes me feel all good again!  And... I'm not stopping here either.  I was up until midnight last night, sitting comfy in my chair stitching away on the next schoolhouse sampler!  All I can say.... "Aaaahhhhhh" with a big, ol' grin on my face!

~*Helga Watts*~ Halloween Sampler
 This is my latest pattern... and is now available.  I've listed it in my Etsy shoppe... but it is also available directly from me via email (link on the sidebar) or from your local needlework shop.

The pattern is $10.00... and when purchased from me, that includes your mailing fee (no extra is needed).

For the model, I used R&R Reproductions 35 count linen... Liberty Gathering Gray.  I stitched one over two... using a single strand of the beautiful, Garden Gate thread... by The Gentle Art.

I had imagined a little bit of a different sort of finish for it... and in the end, went with this...

A dear friend (thank you Sher!) gave me this old piece of a chair back some time ago.  I decided it would be perfect for a finish!  After stitching, I lightly pressed the stitches to remove any wrinkles, then trimmed and frayed the edges.  Then (using basic carpet tacks) tacked it to the chair back in the corners.  Pretty cool, I think!

(The fabulous penny rug that I have it sitting is was made and given to me by another dear friend, Debbie. :-)  Thank you!)

Halloween will be here quickly... but there is time for stitching now!

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

19 comments:

  1. wonderful! love this bettygirl! glad to see you back in the swing of things ~ this heat has taken it's toll on everyone ~ here's to Autumn!
    Blessed be~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another goodie! Autumn can't get here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,BOO!!!, sweet new sampler, wonderful work. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful new pattern and fun for halloween.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your new Halloween design! So glad you decided to complete it. Keep those xstitch designs coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I knew I would like it - from the little I could see previously. But it isn't just like - it is love!! Can't wait to stitch it...

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this newest sampler. Great for Halloween! Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do love it!! Glad you are motivated again and feeling much better!!! I find xstitching something new is soooooo invigorating and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your newest pattern! Girl you are accomplishing a LOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome new pattern ~ love the way you finished it!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wonderful! I already ordered it! :o)

    Hugs, Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this new design called Helga Watts

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...