Tuesday, December 4, 2012

~*Pumpkin Cruch Cake*~




 Hello Dear Friends!  Some asked about the YUMMY dessert my sweet SIL Robin made for Thanksgiving.  She made it special... gluten free... for me!  I devoured it!  It is SO VERY GOOD!!!!  The recipe was shared on Pinterest via my good friend Pati Jane... then Robin found it & baked it for our Thanksgiving gathering.  Originally, it was posted on The Picky Apple... and my GREAT thanks to The Picky Apple!  *YUMMY*

When Robin baked it, she used a Gluten Free cake mix... this recipe as it is posted is NOT a Gluten Free recipe... it can be baked either way... and you probably won't be able to tell it is Gluten Free when you go that route with it... if there are folks in your home that don't want to dare try something a little healthier.  *wink*

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
  • 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (the original recipe called for 1/2 cup)
  • 1 cup butter, melted
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease bottom of 9 x 13″ pan.  Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.  Pour mixture into greased pan.  Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture and top with pecans.  Drizzle melted butter over pecans.  Bake 50-55 minutes.

Try it!  You will LOVE it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Has your week started off well?  Things are up and down here.  

On the ups... my dear Aunt Sue came for a short visit over the weekend.  She is from California... and we really very RARELY get to see her.  I'm very happy for Facebook!  We have been able to get a little closer thanks to social media.  She is an amazing woman and I admire her greatly!  I wish the distance from California to Kansas wasn't so far!  

More ups... I've been working hard printing and sorting patterns.  Some downs do go with the ups here though... my printer broke.  I replaced it with one to get me by... and it is so super slow.  Thankfully though... the pattern orders for my distributors will be finished tonight and will ship out tomorrow.

And very sadly... more downs.  My dear StepDad is back in the hospital.  He was admitted late Saturday night with the flu.  After all he has been through, the flu is the last thing he needed.  My Mom is hoping everyday that he will be released.  He is feeling better.  He no longer has the IV, he is eating, and he is alert and joking around some.  However, his heart rate has been very low... and irregular.  We are praying that the doctors can get him to normal again so he can be home.  Your thoughts and prayers for him and my Mom are still very much appreciated.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty



8 comments:

  1. Betty - I have that recipe also - got it at work like 20 years ago - always good - except i only use 1/2 cup butter - yummy and easy! Sorry about your step-dad - i know what that's like with my Dad often getting on thing after another! Sounds like you have been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear I hope your father get well soon
    Lots of love for you all
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... prayers for your Step Dad! The flu is a horrible thing... I can only imagine how he feels to have it after surgery.... he is going to need a lot of rest...and food! :-) This pumpkin crunch cake sounds divine! Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend. I bet it makes the house smell good while it's baking too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.
    Thoughts and prayers being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Betty. I'm so sorry to hear about your step-dad..I shall keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

    So happy there's been some good with the bad..wishing you nothing but good.

    THANK you SO much for this recipe...I am happy to say I have all the ingredients and will be making it this morning :)

    hugs, doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe, looks so good! Hope your stepdad gets better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty I have prayed for your StepDad.
    Thank you for the recipe! I printed it off, can't wait to make it. I love anything and everything pumpkin. As a matter of fact, I have my Yankee Pumpkin Spice Candle burning right now.♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Will be trying this out this weekend. Hope your step dad will be home soon.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...