Friday, April 11, 2014

~*Rabbit Hookin'... frustration*~

Hello Dear Friends!

This rug is designed just beautifully by a most awesome designer!  You all know her very well ~ I'm sure!  Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm gave this sweet design a few years ago as a freebie.  I loved it then and I love it now!  Thank you so very much, Lori!

However, I have been struggling hooking it.  You may remember a few months ago when I posted the rug and how I had reverse hooked every part of it.  Well, last weekend my SIL Robin and I had the wonderful opportunity to visit Judy Cripps and the Rustic Rug Hookers for a local hooking, grouping in Topeka.  With the encouragement from the other hookers there, I changed the face a bit... the eyes and nose/brow lines... to a more simpler form ~ one that I, a very untrained hooker, could handle better with my big, fat strips.  (They are a 9 cut.)  I hooked the day away... and then took the rug with me to the bait-shop (my second part time job... where I don't actually 'work' very much... I can craft there!) and hooked some more.  Well... until I ran out of the background wool... that I purchased from Judy on Saturday.

Here is what I have so far...
 The strips of wool at the top of the photo will be used to 'fill in' the gap.  Yes, they are a different color, but hopefully they will look like a 'prim patch' and be okay.
 I'm not sure about the lines in the ears.  The color of wool is a bit too yellow.  Maybe I'll change it.  I'm also thinking that the whiskers need more work.  What do you think?

Once I am finished with the bunny... or maybe I'll set it aside  for awhile... this is another project I'm excited to work on.  I found this old washboard at a thrift store the other day for $3.  Someone has painted a barn scene on it.  I hate to destroy someone's artwork... but I want to make this 'mine'.  I would like to update it and make it more prim too!
 Here is the back.  It has been patched with an old piece of floor trim.  The label marking is faint, but you can still see some of it.

 The top measures 10 3/4 by 4 1/2 inches.  I have a scrap of linen just the right size... and an idea!  I'll keep you posted.

On another note... here are my sweet babies girls!  They are growing so fast, I can almost see them get bigger just watching them!  And I love them so much!!!
 They all pretty much look the same.  The smallest girl is sitting at the back of the lower picture.  I call her Mona... or Mini Mona.  The one strutting her stuff in front is the most friendly to me.  (At least I think she is the same, overly friendly one when I'm around.)  I think I'll call her Ophelia.  Why these names?  I have no idea.  They just popped into my crazy brain!
Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful rug..I love it❤️
    Ophelia is a sweet name :)
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! I don't remember ever seeing chicks in this stage of growth... it's like a whole new species to me! lol! Love this little bunny peeking out of the basket... I think a color change on the whiskers would help make them more visible... though I think the ears are just right the way they are! Good to see you pulling loops again! Looking forward to seeing your transformation of the washboard... Happy Spring to ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! If you change his ears, how about a light pink? I agree he looks fine now, tho. Lighter whiskers might stand out better against that wonderful blue! Jonut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually if I run out of wool in a small area like that, I pull a piece, here and there from the other parts and then put in the new color which is usually something close but slightly different. Love the washboard and fun to make pieces for them. I have a chalkboard with rulers and a cork part, so planning on making something to cover the cork area.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty,
    I think I agree with Sharon on the rug. Looks cute tho! Look forward to seeing your washboard idea too. It is good to see you posting and working on your crafts again Betty. Have a good week. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rug! Sweet chickies,loving their names.Isn't it funny how they each have a personality to fit the name( or at least for my chicks ). Can't wait to see what you have in mind for the washboard.Blessings,Jen

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...