Friday, August 22, 2014

~*Some of My Finished Wares*~

Hello Dear Friends!

I told you before that I have kept busy crafting at my summer job.  The pile of things needing 'finished' has grown greatly over the summer.

Here are a few things I have been able to actually complete... I'll show a few more over the next few days...

boxes... lots of needlepunched~topped boxes...

I have used DMC cotton floss on some and lovely wool floss on others.  The boxes have been trimmed with fabrics and slightly aged... because that I how I do things.
You can't see in these photos, but the underside of all the boxes have been finished with wool... just to make them softer.  I also hand sew wool yarn... using linen thread around the edge of each needlepunch.  I feel it is necessary to cover the white edge left when tucking the Weaver's Cloth under.
Most of the designs are my own doodles... but the chicken on the box below was fashioned from a lovely design by Tonya Robey.  She has an awesome rug pattern in the latest Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine.  I hope to be able to hook her pattern soon.  I love it!  My chicken looks different than hers, but I do need to give credit where credit is do.


I've been working on many things.  I'm not sure if any of these items will be listed for sale online or not... at least not at this time.  I am however preparing for a few great events...

On Sunday, October 12th... I have been invited by Pam of Cabin Antiques to display my wares and demonstrate needlepunch at her Customer Appreciation Day.  Cabin Antiques is a lovely cabin on Lake Wabaunsee full of beautiful antiques.  I feel so honored to be a part of this event... and I am delighted to have Pam as a new friend!  (I met her while working at my summer bait shop job!)

On Friday, November 7th... I will be demonstrating again at the First Friday event in Topeka at Fairlawn Plaza Mall.

I'll be back soon to share more!  Looking back at my photographs... it appears I need to work on them better.  Well... I have been out of the loop for awhile.  I'll be better in the next post.

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty



5 comments:

  1. Betty, they are all wonderful pieces. For some reason my eye goes to that crazy light colored pumpkin with the crosses in his eyes. Love him!

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fun pieces and I need to make some pumpkins to add to my boxes before fall gets here;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhh... finishes! :-) Love those two pumpkin boxes in the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, beautiful pieces! You were busy at the bait shop....

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...