Friday, September 19, 2014

~*My New Tool!*~

Hello Dear Friends!

As you know, I have been working with a bunch of yarns as of late.  I've been growing my stash of yarn for several years.  Among my stash was this mess...
 I don't know how it got this way... but it was a tangled mess for sure!

The other day, this wonderful yarn winder arrived in the mail!  I used one long ago in high school... and it was fun them... and is fun now!  And it works GREAT!
Here is that wool and many of my other wool yarns... all rolled and pretty!
Now... one headache is gone... and I'm still dealing with Mr. Santa... and still getting a headache from him.  My Mister said he looked good and to leave him as is... but I just can't help but think there is something 'off' about him.  The frame has been painted black.  It will be distressed and waxed before it is finished... but does Santa look alright?  His nose?  His cheek lines?  His beard?

I added in some strips of cotton fabrics with the acrylic yarns.  (This is punched with my Amy Oxford Rug Punch.)  It added some texture... but is there enough?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

7 comments:

  1. only because you asked and it is a personal preference.. I would change the colors of the cheek lines to something less colorful and use that cheek color to make a mouth line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have one of those and never thought to use it to roll my yarns into nice balls, lol. I have a knitting machine and had it for that. Wonderful santa piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Santa looks fantabulous; and I could use one of those contraptions to control my wool yarn knots.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree... the cheeks are a bit too rosy. And he doesn't have a mouth. just saying. Bettylou

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a sprig of holly on Santa's hat might give it that little something you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...