Saturday, December 6, 2014

~*Rustic Rugs Hook~In*~

Hello Dear Friends!

Today was a fun day!  Hooking with friends and kindred spirits at Judy Cripps' home!  Judy is Rustic Rugs... I'm sure you are familiar with her!  She is always such a great hostess and a super~awesome rug hooker!... and the house is always full of talented rug hookers.

Judy has a shop set up in her basement...  that is stocked with great wools and fabulous patterns!

And the food is ALWAYS divine!!!

I took this project with me.... it is one that was started just last night.  (Yes!  It is worked that fast!)  I worked on it at the 1st Friday Event at Fairlawn Plaza Mall between chatting with shoppers.  It is a simple snowman that is punched (with my Amy Oxford #10 rug punch)... using some multi~colored, hand~dyed wool yarn.  I took it along to the hook~in today to finish the punching... which I did.

However, I thought the snowman was too bright... so tonight, I gave it a coffee bath.  It is now drying... and will be constructed into a stand~up, weighted snowman with stick arms... and some type of decoration down his front.  I will share more of him later...


I knew the punching of the snowman wouldn't fill the day... so I purchased this simple kit from Judy  (Yes!  I purchased a bunch of wool too!)... a fat rooster.  I worked on him the remainder of the day... and finished hooking him after returning home this evening... 


I don't know for sure how to finish my rooster... a pillow?  just whip the edges?  maybe some penny tongues around it?  Hmmmm... I'll have to ponder that for a bit.

Like I said earlier in this post... last night was 1st Friday.  Here are some snaps of my tables...

It was another fun night!  I love to meet and mingle with such friendly folks!  Talking with them about my wares... and how they are made.  I would like to think I have inspired some to dive into the arts of needlepunch, rug punch, and rug hooking!

Okay... off to steam my rooster!

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fun hook in and wonderful pieces to make while enjoying the company of friends.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tables look full of wonderful goodies! I'm admiring those hooked tree ornaments! Love Judy's wool! It sure was a treat when you sent me some a couple of years ago! I'm thinking the rooster piece might look good as a pillow with some proddy (feather-loooking) around the edges?

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...