Thursday, September 4, 2014

~*Apples!*~

Hello Dear Friends!


Apples took a very BIG part of my day today!  We have two apples trees that were chock full of ripe fruits.  After getting home from my job at the bait shop today, I decided to get the ladder and pick them... ALL!  I didn't count, but I did fill up several plastic grocery bags.  

Some bags were sent with my husband to work to give away to co~workers... I took a bag to a friend... and some... 

were peeled and cored... to make 12 quarts of Freezer Apple Pie Filling!


My chickens were given all the scraps as a treat!


12 Quarts!  That means 12 pies!!!  Or... because I can't eat regular pie crust, I like to make Pork Chops and Apples!  YUM!

I just found the Apple Pie Filling recipe online.  Hopefully I did it right... and hopefully it tastes yummy!  Could it really be anything but good?


I've also crafted today.  My needlepunch went to work with me this morning.  The 4 smaller pieces will be lids on small boxes.  The hand/heart will be going on a hornbook.  It is a pattern adapted from one of Lori Brechlin's awesome pattern books.  It needed to be larger than in the book for attaching to the board, so I free hand drew it.  I just love Lori's patterns!


I spend most of my time alone when at the bait shop.  My mind wanders... and I end up making notes on the excess cloth.  Anyone else do that too?  

We are suppose to get rain tomorrow... and I don't have to go anywhere.  Hopefully these punched pieces... and a bunch of other ditties get finished!

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment

What friends have said...