Thursday, August 23, 2007

It is time for me to whine.........

You must all know to begin with that I really LOVE my husband. He is a loving & hard working man. He often works too much taking on more so I can do what I enjoy..... hooking, punching, stitching, auctions ~ you get the idea. :) He works 40 hours a week with an hour commute each way - each day...... working nights too. He then feels that many of the chores around the house are his responsibility ~ mainly yard work & car upkeep. On top of that..... he is building a shop for his remote control hobby, working on my studio, fixing the pump in the pump house (for our well), putting in a new heat pump in our home, and finishing off our basement...... plus so much more! Meanwhile, I am a stay-at-home Mom. I keep the house fairly clean, cook a few meals, do the shopping & make sure the bills are paid on time. I am not saying I don't do work.... but I don't feel that I do as much as my wonderful husband. This is not why I am whining today!

I am whining because I told my hubby that I was going to mow the yard this week.... and I am! We have just over 5 acres..... that is all mowed. It is a chore, but that is still not why I am whining. We have a bunch of trees ~ and it is a pain in the wazoo going around each one..... but that is still now why I am whining! The grass is long & our old mower will probably be a booger and get bogged down.... but that is still not why I am whining!

I am whining because of all the creep crawly SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are everywhere ~ casing webs of wire cables from tree to tree! Can ya tell? I hate spiders! Sure, they keep the flies down..... but they give me the heebie geebies! There are too many out there to count! I tried to get a few pics to share with you.... not very good ones, but you can get the idea! These spiders are about an inch in diameter ~ just for their bodies! You know they are even bigger with their creepy legs expanded! I got goose bumps just taking the pics.... and I was using the zoom to the max so I didn't have to get very close to them! So, you know that as I am mowing the yard I am going to get entangled in their webs and the monsters are going to crawl on me! (I am getting goose bumps just writing this!)

My hubby told me to just take a stick and walk around the yard weaving between the trees to knock down the webs. I am sure that I will look like a wanna-be witch with a wand to the passer-bys. Can you see it now? Cast away your webs & be gone for the day my dearies..... you are not needed to be seen in the daylight as the good witch trims the lawn. LOL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wish me luck! Hopefully I won't finish with a hair-do of webs & spiders! (still have goose bumps!)

4 comments:

  1. EEEeeeewwww!!! I have the heebie jeebies just looking at your pics Betty!!! (shivers) Those are some honkin spiders! LOLOL You could NOT PAY ME ENOUGH!! I would do anything for my hubby... EXCEPT spiders! LOL! We even jokingly considered putting that into our marriage vows! hahaha!!! How sad is that??! Good luck girl! You're gonna be needing it doing your witchypoo dance! :D
    hugs,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my spider-be-gone stick by my side.... the yard is mowed! I found that in the heat of the day, the creepy-crawlies go hide. So in 90 some degree sun, I only ran into one of those boogers & I think he is suffering with a blood clot in the brain at the moment from the big wack of my wand!

    Thanks for the well wishes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny, Betty. Maybe you need to plant some more trees so there is less to mow!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty,
    those are some nasty spiders...think I would have left a wide area of untouched grass between me and them...if one got in my hair I'd probably have to go to the ER for a psych eval!

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...