Thursday, September 6, 2007

Fall is on its way!

We were lucky to have a few pumpkins grow this year. Remember we live in the country.... last year we discarded our jack-o-lanterns by our brush pile & some of them decided to return this year. They aren't grand by any means ~ but cute as a button they are! They are early too. We have about 5 ripe ones with no more on the vine. I guess we just get to enjoy them at the beginning of Fall this year.... and can go get a few more from the store for Halloween. Trinity & I also planted some gourd seeds. We were hoping to have lots of colorful treasures..... but neither of us have much of a green thumb. We will just have to make a little go a long way.

Today I decided to use our pumpkins & gourds for photo props. Last night I put the finishing touches on a few needle punch pieces..... a cupboard pillow & these darling dolls.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The dolls were inspired by a pattern of Carriage House Samplings. I thought they were so unique..... always looking for something different to do with my punch needle!

I listed the pillow & dolls on Ebay tonight.... but really need to get busy getting things ready for my Primitive Gathering debut on October 1st! :)

(remember to search Ebay id primitivebettys)

Enjoy the changes of the season.... my smiles to you.... Betty

2 comments:

  1. Betty,
    Your pumpkins are beautiful!!! One of my favorite fall accents...pumpkins, gourds, Indian Corn.....can't wait!!!
    Especially lovin' the cupboard pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you got such great pumpkin "by chance"!!
    and you needle punch is yummy!!
    deena

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...