Sunday, February 15, 2009

~*Happy Belated Valentine's Day*~

I hope you all had a glorious & lovable day! I spent the day at Judy Cripps' month hook-in with my sweet SIL & some very special friends. We all had a great time hooking, sharing, laughing, & eating. Afterwards, we rushed home for dates with our honeys. Tony gave me a sweet card & bouquet of flowers. They were actually sitting on the table when I woke up that morning. A great start to the day! For supper, we went out to a local steak house. Neither of us had steak... but it was still yummy & nice to be out together.

I have been blessed with gifts from some of my friends on Valentine's Day too. You know I just HAVE to share!

This gift is from my buddy Sharon. Sharon is a member of many of the Ebay groups I'm in & is always making us laugh with her great gift of humor. Sharon was also one of the girls responsible for the push of confidence to start offing my designs for sale. (She was in love with my sheep, Willie, from the get go!) She made me this beautiful woven pinkeep, heart using a tutorial from another buddy's blog... Laurie of WoolyRedRug ~ be sure to check out the tutorial. It is awesome!



Sharon also gave me the instructions to make a rag rug ~ crochet style and a really cool Boy Scout tin. I'm dying to make some of these for our kitchen. I hope to master this soon! The Boy Scout tin is very vintage ~ probably early 60s. I suppose I have to share this one with Trinity... but he has been warned this is not a toy. I want to keep it nice & display it in his room. It is a box for a first aid kit.

cool cool cool!


One more gift to share with you is from Charlene ~ aka redlocksrocks on Ebay. She needle punched this stunning pillow using a pattern given in Create & Decorate magazine. Isn't it beautiful?



Thank you, Sharon and Charlene. You have made me feel very special with your charming gifts. Hugs to you both!

I have much more to share with you about my weekend... but have to finish up supper & feed the family now.

Until next time... many warm smiles to you...

Betty

12 comments:

  1. Awesome Treasures!!! Glad you had such a fun day from start to finish.
    :)Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentines Day with good friends and family..Lucky you receiving those beautiful handmade gifts and I love the boy scout tin..Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty,
    Glad you had a HAPPY day!
    Your gifts are wonderful...that Boy Scout Tin is really cool!

    Thanks for posting the link to my blog so others can find there way to the pinkeep pattern. Everyone is having so much fun with these...makes me smile!

    Wooly hugs dear friend~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so so so so lucky, Betty! I love that key that dangles from the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gifts Betty!! Love Laurie's pinkeep pattern. Sharon did a good job on it. The needle punch is so pretty, LOVE the tin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely gifts! Thanks so much for sharing the link for the great heart pinkeep - I can't wait to try my hand at one!
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful things:) Love the pinkeep heart:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun time!!! And you received some wonderful treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they're gorgeous gifts, Betty! Hooray for you! :D I hope your day was very special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect Valentine's Day Betty! And what lovely gifts! The wool heart is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a very full, enjoyable and lovable Valentine's Day Betty! So glad you like the heart, tin and kit! Willie is one way kewl sheepie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful gifts, they are just gorgeous...you certainly are blessed! That needle punch is wonderful! blessings, kathy

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...