Tuesday, March 31, 2009

~*Oh Sweet Bunny*~

Hello Dear Friends! Here is another fabulous finish...



This one comes from Tea in Perth, Western Australia. Tea worked with the freebie doodle, ~*1857 Bunny*~. It is needle punched, rag stuffed, hand sewn, and dunked in a walnut crystal bath. She did the punching with Valdani threads. (hummm... I still have not tried those ~ maybe I should!) Oh how sweet it is! I love it!

Tea doesn't have a blog, but will be offering her delightful goodies on The Chocolate Crow Trader beginning April 15th. This is a great site that I was not familiar with. You will want to check out the wonderful artist offerings & freebie patterns... so be sure to swing by!

Thank you, Tea, for punching & sharing... and for pointing me to the direction of the great new, online magazine!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tomorrow is April 1st... that means website updates for The Primitive Gathering and Lemon Poppy Seeds (truth be told... I'm still working on the goodies for this update)... AND, YES, I will be releasing two new patterns. One is for cross stitch and the other is for needle punch. Please stop back by tomorrow to see!

Warm smiles to you all...

Betty

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish of the doodle. Thanks for sharing! Sitting on pins and needles awaiting your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all the effort Tea put into this punch ~ lots of technique implemented.

    Good luck on your new releases. I can't wait to see them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! And, Betty, you MUST try Valdani! It's the most gorgeous stuff to work with! I LOVE it!
    AND can't wait for the new punchin' pattern! :)
    Hugs,
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pillow is sweet, I love the colors. I have used the Valdani threads and they are wonderful to work with, I'm sure you would love them :-)
    blessings, kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recently tried Valdani threads and LOVE working with them. I like the colors/shading. I've used the pearl cotton 12 threads, as there's more on the spool/ball. I just tried the 3 strand for a background, but it ran out too quickly! The best part of working with it is it's all ONE piece, so no re-threading, just pull and punch. I know DMC makes a pearl cotton, but solid colors. I'm wondering if anyone has tried overdying that before or after punching?
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind words.. and Betty for putting it up on ur blog.. and you simply must try Valdani threads.. there are so many colours, and beautiful to use.. I love the Vintage Hues Sampler set..
    And also try the hand dyed wool by Fully Wooly Primitives.. how I wish I lived ur way at times, where the exchange rates doesn't kill me...LOLOL..
    Hugz xxx Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have something for you on my blog.Come see me.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...