Saturday, June 6, 2009

~* Freebie Finish To Share *~

Hello Dear Friends! I'm about to head out to visit the monthly hook-in at Judy Cripps... and then off to dirt oval races for even more fun! BUT... before I leave, I just gotta share this ~



My sweet friend, Doris, punched up my ~*USA Kitty Freebie*~. Isn't it D~A~R~L~I~N~G?! She added a little more color to the kitty & I really like her. :) Doris used wool, lace weight yarn to punch the body of the kitty. It doesn't show well in the photo, but I'm sure it adds more prominence to her. This is a very unique and interesting way of punching. If you haven't tried it, you might want to. It is a really cool way of working up a design.

Doris offers many of her wares ~ punched and hooked ~ on Ebay with the seller id of wellingtonwoolies. She told me this one will be listed soon ~ but I was tickled to hear she is making another just for herself.

Thank you, Doris, for punching and sharing! Your work is fabulous!

Well... gotta run out the door. I hope you all have a fabulous day full of smiles & fun!

Warm smiles,
Betty

3 comments:

  1. Love this design, Betty, and the finished product! Purrfect! Thank you for your continuing generosity!

    -Rebecca ~goodwool~ MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what Doris did with the kitty. She does a beautiful job with her threads, really like the colors.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable and I can see in the picture how she did the cat,,,very neat!

    Betty, do you know where I can buy the right punch needle? I'm totally confused at what I should buy, I already have a frame to use from rug hooking. I had bought one at Jo-Ann's but I returned it because someone said their's was bigger.
    Thanks Rondell

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...