Friday, October 9, 2009

~*Friday Finishes*~

Hello Dear Friends! It is that time again... Friday Finishes! Today I have several sweet ones to share...

Barbara stitched ~*Wicked*~ and constructed this really DARLING lil' pillow. I just love the lace trim ~ still primitive, but with a shabby~chic touch. Sweet isn't it?



(Barbara is having a give~away on her blog too... to celebrate her 1000th post! Swing by & take a looksey!)

My good buddy, Sharon, has been stitching up a storm! She also stitched & finished ~*Wicked*~. Another GREAT one! I really like her display too. Gathering a bowl full of acorns is an inexpensive, but super sweet & warm Autumn touch. Sharon said her pinkeep finished to a size of only 2 by 6 inches. While stuffing it, she said she couldn't help but think it looked like a bone at that size... adding to the Halloween charm.



She also finished the ~*Blue Tulip & Bunny Sewie Roll*~... adding her own initials for that personal touch. (This pattern is available for purchase... you can see it HERE at my Etsy shoppe.)



Sharon used Valdani varigated threads for each finish. I have yet to try these ~ but really do admire the finished works I've seen using them.

This ~*Black Cat & Jack*~ finish has been needle punched by Laura. Another GREAT finish! I adore the horn book! Horn books seem to be very popular now. The ones that aren't exactly symmetrical from side to side are even more charming. To me, they are more early looking & warm.



Thank you ladies for stitching & punching... and for sharing! Keep 'em coming too! Email me finishes PLEASE so I can show them off!

Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

(seems I've used the word 'warm' several times in this post along... can you tell it is a cold Autumn day here?) :)

4 comments:

  1. You know I've been an admirer of yours practically from the beginning. :) One of the things I like best about your designs is how well they adapt themselves to each stitcher's (or hooker's, in the case of the rugs) personality. One design, yet so many interesting variations. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great finishes Betty!! Sharon sure has been busy, they look great! Love the punchneedle too. And I think that lace was such a great touch, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally posted your beautiful dolls...www.comfortdolls.blogspot.com
    Thank you! Pat

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...