Monday, September 20, 2010

~*Elvis Sighting!*~

Hello Dear Friends! Thought I would share a bit of our weekend fun with you... :)

We saw Elvis!

He was driving!


And then he was riding & waiving at his fans!


This past weekend was the Ol'Marais car show. This is our second time to see it... and Trinity's first... let me just say (and maybe I don't even need to type the words) ~ he was in HOG~HEAVEN!



We had a great family day... and enjoyed it with lots of extended family. My Aunt & Uncle and my sister~in~law & brother~in~law display their classic cars. We took along another sister~in~law & brother~in~law to join in on the fun too.

I don't know the final tally, but did hear at one point of the day that there were 1,652 cars registered in the show ~ all year 1972 and older. During the day, the cars are all on display at the city park ~ along with some awesome food and sales vendors. It was a hot & humid afternoon... but it was so worth it just to be there & see it all.

At 6pm, the city shuts down traffic on the main drag and the cruise begins. The streets were lined with a HUGE crowd... and it was a fun time...


(Ginger, he saved his glow sticks for the party. Thank you!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was a catch~up day... but I did work on some crafty things. I'll be sharing them in another post soon. Before I sign off on this one though, you may be interested in seeing this... we spotted him last night on the power line across the field from our backyard. Tony tried to get closer to snap another picture of him... but wasn't sly enough for this Wise Old Owl...



Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

3 comments:

  1. Its him, it's really him!!! How exciting to see Elvis, lookin' good too!! I can see you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty ~
    What a huge car show. I'm sure Trinity had a ball. Even my 5 year old grandson sees certain cars and calls them "sweet". Cracks me up!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat is that!?
    I was born on Elvis's 16th birthday. And my husband and I got married on Elvis's 50th birthday. We always do it up on his birthday! LOL
    Looks like an awesome car show!
    Handsome young man!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...