Wednesday, September 22, 2010


Well, apparently I don't know how to use a tape measure!

I'm still going to make these work... but need to adjust my plans somewhat.

The cuffs are suppose to wrap around the candle... then attach with a strip of Velcro. What I've decided to do at this point... is whip some yarn around the edge of the hooking to create a clean edge ~ then make a fabric liner to stitch to the back. The fabric liner will be longer than the hooked piece ~ giving room for the Velcro. There will still be an opening ~ or hooking void ~ on the back side of the candle about an inch wide. I guess this will be alright. NEXT time... hopefully I can measure right to begin with.. and not have to 'correct' anything later.

Ok... back to whipping...

Wishing you all warm smiles...



  1. Good solution Betty! They will look great on the candle jar.

  2. LOL! Reminds me of the old carpenter adage ~ measure twice, cut once. I am guilty of something very similar at the moment. The sampler I am working on I did not center on the linen and am about running out of room at the bottom so I have had to make some adjustments. Not sure how that happened but I will be more careful in the future.
    Pug hugs :)

  3. These will be fantastic - what a wonderful idea. I love Yankee Candles but never heard of the one in your picture. Michelle xx

  4. It's beautiful! And a great solution--no one will ever know!

  5. They will still look beautiful and you really don't look at the back anyway.

  6. Betty, This will just make it more primitive! What a great solution. Maybe you will have some candles in the future that aren't as big in diameter and you'll be able to make this one work like you were planning. ~Ann

  7. This does my heart good ~ always nice to know that I'm not the only one who makes a 'little' mistake now and again! It's a great idea to begin with and you're making it work!!


What friends have said...