Tuesday, October 25, 2011

~*New Pattern Release*~

Hello Dear Friends! I'm truly excited to release the latest in my schoolhouse sampler series!

Here it is...

~*Deaver Daughters*~ Schoolhouse Sampler

I designed this sampler to appear as if two sisters worked on it together... each stitching her own sampler and then combining the two to make one beautiful finish.


The story that I imagined while designing... Madeline and Amelia are two sisters, the only two daughters Ma and Pa Deaver had. The girls were surrounded by six husky brothers... yet they themselves were dainty and petite... wearing ribbons in their long hair and ruffles on their dresses. Pa would always comment that his girls were "but two flowers of the same garden"... boasting about their sweetness and beauty... just like their Ma. The girls were always together. They did their chores with complete cooperation and never an ill word. They walked side by side to the schoolhouse each day... swinging their arms in rhythmic precision... almost as if they were twins. In the evenings, they would sit across from one another in the farm house parlor working on their stitches... with only the flicker of a candle or the soft blaze from the fireplace.


~*Deaver Daughters*~ Schoolhouse Sampler pattern... will come with a complete full color chart (printed on a single page and another print out on four full pages for easier reference), three full color photographs, and complete instructions for stitching up the full, beautiful sampler, the primitive pinkeep drum, and some suggestions for using the pattern to create other lovely finishes.

The models were worked on Northern Cross Linen... 30 ct with threads by The Gentle Art.

The full sampler is 203 by 190 stitches. The primitive pinkeep drum is 195 by 33 stitches.

This pattern is $14.00 with free shipping when purchased from me... via email or my Etsy shoppe... or will also be available from your local needlework shop.

Madeline and Amelia are both imaginary... but the Deaver name is personal. My maternal grandmother was Betty Deaver. When I designed this pattern, it was heartfelt for me to include her... and I'm very excited about this finish. I hope you are too!

Thank you for letting me share with you. Thank you too for your continued friendship, following of my blog, and stitches from my patterns.

Wishing you warm smiles...

Betty

11 comments:

  1. hello dear betty, i love this design so much and the story behind is making it more special..
    i love the pin keep too..
    thank you for sharing the story with us all..
    lots of hugs for you and well done for such a lovely piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story! And such a clever design... beautiful stitches, Betty! :-) I'll place my order when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Betty! It's a beautiful sampler and sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful sampler! with a nice story! Love it!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Betty!! I so love the side-by-side concept - and your sweet story just brings another whole dimension of charm and whimsey....Love it unconditionally!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful new piece and beautiful story to go with it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful and sweet sampler~love it! The "history" and story about it is just as beautiful and tender. Maybe Madeline and Amelia will design some Christmas ornaments within this series??!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful sampler and Miss Betty you could be writing books. Loved the story you added to the sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Betty, what a beautiful design. My first thought was twin girls :). Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...